Katz develops a newphilosophical position integrating realism and rationalism. Realism here means that the objects ofstudy in mathematics and other formal sciences are abstract; rationalism means that our knowledge ofthem is not empirical.
Realism, rationalism and scientific method
Katz uses this position to meet the principal challenges to realism. Please note you might not have access to this content. You may be able to access this content by login via Shibboleth, Open Athens or with your Emerald account.
If you would like to contact us about accessing this content, click the button and fill out the form. Contact us.
- Extraction of Metals from Soils and Waters.
- King Georges Army 1740-93.
- 7. Critical Rationalism without Frameworks of Methodological Rules.
To rent this content from Deepdyve, please click the button. Rent from Deepdyve. Critical Rationalism CR.
Conceptual Idealism and Stoves Gem. Falsification and its Critics.
- Big Data Analytics: From Strategic Planning to Enterprise Integration with Tools, Techniques, NoSQL, and Graph!
- Essays on Realism and Rationalism.
- The Bulgarian Economy in the Twentieth Century?
Logical versus Historical Theories of Confirmation. Facts and Values in Science Studies.
Karl Popper: Critical Rationalism
Getting values from factshistorical methodologies. Getting values from facts testing methodologies. Getting facts from valueshistorical explanations.
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Other Restructuring Activities, Third Edition!
- Building Applications with IBM WebSphere Studio and JavaBeans: A Guided Tour (IBM Illustrated Guide series).
- The Surrendered;
- A Companion to Science Fiction (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture).
- Navigation menu.
- The Red-Hot Cajun.
- Food waste: practices, management and challenges.
Deductivism versus Psychologism. Justifying deduction and induction.
Deductive Heuristics. Early attempts why they failed and positivist Orthodoxy.